The second member of Nottingham Black Archive to be introduced to you is Ioney Smallhorne, Marketing and Community Outreach officer. Here are seven facts you might not know about Ioney….
1. Ioney plays capoeira (very badly at the moment), you can often see her contorting herself and dodging kicks in various rodas around UK!
2. Ioney is a keen gardener, she loves growing vegetables especially pumpkins for their beautiful bright yellow flowers (and the pumpkin of course!). Last year you could find courgettes, tomatoes and beetroot mingling with sunflowers, clematis’s and fuchsias.
3. Ioney’s favourite colour is green, from the vibrant lime to the earthy camouflage shades, she loves them all.
4. Ioney loves cooking, she spends spare hours perfecting the culinary arts. She especially likes baking her favorite time to bake is at night time.
5. Ioney doesn’t eat meat, Her favourite meal…well to be honest has quiet a few, Ackee and Saltfish is one she rates highly, she tends to accompany avocado with anything she can, sweet potato and spices also feature on her plate frequently!
6. Ioney adores herbal teas, she greets each morning with a peppermint and has various flavors throughout the day, such as ginger, wild cherry & red bois and camomile.
7. Ioney is a documentary film-maker & video editor and has plans on directing feature length films in the future. She is interested in highlighting stories of the African Diaspora especially but not exclusively. Ioney worked in Jamaica for two years as a TV producer. Ioney is also a performance poet
View Ioney’s wordpress blog, visit http://www.iscreativemedia.com